Sunday, March 4, 2012

Another terrific stamp day

My friend April taught us this technique to watercolor the roses.  Let me see if I can explain this. I looked on Splitcoast, but couldn't find the technique. I'm sure it's on there.

You will need;
SU shimmer paper
white embossing powder
heat gun
versamark or embossing pad
Reinkers of your choice in colors, I used 3 or 4 colors. You just need 1 or 2 drops of each
Aquamarker filled with water
Mist bottle of water
Something to hold the reindeer drops

Step 1:  Emboss the image on your shimmer paper.
Step 2:  Using the mist bottle, mist the image so there is LOTS of water on it.
Step 3:  Taking your aqua marker, touch one of the reinker colors.  Then touch the image.  You will see the ink magically "fill in" the image.  Keep touching it in different places until you are satisfied.
(I started with the lightest color first, then moved to darker)

Set aside to dry, or you can use the heat gun.  But, the heat gun will "move" the water.  Just a precaution.
Cut it out as desired.




No comments:

Post a Comment