Tuesday, August 7, 2012

August 4th Dundalk, MD Shoebox Swap!!!!

I have to give everyone a huge T H A N K   Y O U  for attending and making this such a wonderful swap.  And thank you so much to the Dundalk Moose Lodge for letting us have it at their hall.  

It was really wonderful to see so many old friends and make new ones.  The day started at 9am.  It was nice and relaxing.  There was a lot of space for everyone to spread out. The food that everyone brought was amazing!!!!   I can't wait to do this again in the spring. (Which I've already reserved the hall for May 4th, 2013, Saturday).  I will be posting the swap on Splitcoaststampers website under Get It Together after Christmas.

Take a look at the fun we had;


Lynn talking to Shawna and Laura;

Crystal was stamping her heart out;

Rachel was having a great time. We haven't seen her in quite a while. She has been busy with her three kiddies and going to college;

Lisa, Andrea and Karen;

Lisa and Andrea are so silly!

Loretta having fun!!!
 I don't think Mary likes her picture being taken;

 Mary Helen... good to see you again!!!

 Lynn Hershner;

Tracey came all the way from Alaska!!!! She is in red!
 And her friend Cherie, who drove down from Ft. Drum, NY!!! 
Thank you so much for coming all the way here and enjoying our swap.

 Denise
 Sue Carlton
 Denise
 Lunch Time!!!!
 More stamping;
 Angie, you are amazing. She got home from work at 2am and made the swap at 9am!!
 Amy Green and her daughters. She makes these terrific mug organizers and matching bags.  She can make them in tons of different fabrics. If you have a specific fabric in mind, just let me know and I'll put you in touch with her.  She is a mom of 4, 2 girls and 2 boys.  The daughter on the left has autism.  She does really terrific work and I love her mug organizers!!!




AND ONTO THE CARDS!!!!  

Please forgive me.  I was not able to get the name of who made what card.  I wanted to grab people as they were leaving, but couldn't get everyone.  So if you see your card here, and there is no name, please, please let me know so I can give you the credit for your wonderful card.

Karen Steiner;
1) 

2) 
Rose Ambrose
3)  

4)  

5)  
Angie Gittles
6)  

7)  

8)  
Cherie Bristow all of the way from New York!!!
9)  

Crystal Thompson;
10)  
 Shawna Ferguson;
11) 
 Laura Thacker;
12)  
Rachel Ezell;
13) 
 Lynn Haase;
14) 

15) 
 Linda Zaworski;
16) 
Tracy Tripp all the way from Alaska!!
17) 
 Lisa;
18) 
 Lynn Hershner;
19) 

20) 
 Sue Carlton;
21) 

22) 

 April Prachniak;
23) 

I am missing a few cards. I guess I didn't have an opportunity to make those that are not shown.  For those of you who are not shown, please send me a pic of your card and I will include it here.  

Thank you all again for coming. I had a really fabulous time!!!!  Can't wait until May 4th, 2013!!!

Rachel's carrot recipe;

Penny Carrots
2  pounds carrots, peeled and sliced; cook about 10 minutes.  (You can save some time to use the precut carrots slices which are pretty and evenly sliced.)
Combine the following ingredients, bring to a boil, then add carrots and remove from heat:
  • 1 can tomato soup
  • 1 onion, sliced*
  • 1 tsp. prepared mustard
  • 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • ¾ cup brown sugar
  • ½ cup sugar
  • ¾ cup apple cider vinegar
  • 1 bell pepper, cut in rings*
  • Salt and pepper
  • ½ cup oil
Once completed, chill and serve!
*The recipe says sliced or rings but it is easier to eat when they are chopped.




1 comment:

  1. LZ, thanks so much for posting pictures from the swap! I was so sad to have missed seeing Cherie and Tracy again! And one of these days I'll actually get to meet Lynn Haase in person! We've "known" each other online for years! :) Great cards! Hoping I can make it to your next swap in May!!

    ReplyDelete