Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My First Attempt

My Mother-in-law bought me a package of items she saw on QVC or HSN.  She loves watching the stuff on there. I went over to visit her last week, took lunch, and she had recorded a show that I had missed on Scrapbooking.  As we were watching it, I saw the cd and paper, etc...  and said ohhh... hold that... pause it!!! I want to get the order number and would like to order it.  I went to grab my cell phone and turned around and she was holding the envelope.  She made me cry because the item was actually sold out, we even checked, and I wouldn't have been able to get it.  She is so amazing!!!

So I saw something on the program and wanted to re-make it.  This is my very first attempt at making this card-box.  

Here it is on the outside with a "belly" band.  This band slips off.


This is what it looks like without the band;


And opened up;


From the side;


Another peek inside;


I know it's not the best, but I'm so proud that I "didn't screw it up".  HAHAHAH!!!  It's really awesome. They had great ideas on the cd, and it's made with (1) 8-1/2 x 11 sheet of paper. I do recommend using patterned paper, not card stock, because the card stock is thick for all of the folds.  

Thank you Mother-In-Law... aka MOM!!!! 

1 comment:

  1. That is so neat! I think you did an amazing job. You keep saying how my knitted stuff is good, it's YOUR cards that are GREAT! They are WAY better than the crap we pay for in stores! You rock!

    ReplyDelete