Tuesday, December 20, 2011

3 x 3 Note Card and Box

Well, I posted something on Splitcoaststampers regarding 3x3 note cards.  I have to say, I've never made them before, and I had seen several on a blog that were gorgeous.  I couldn't think of a use for them, and several people posted back to me, GIFTS!!   DUH!  

Gregzgurl shared this link, which really inspired me.

Ok... my first attempt at 3x3 Note Cards and the box.

To make the box;
Bottom is 7-1/2" x 7-1/2" square. Scored at 2" all the way around
Top is 5-5/8" x 5-5/8" square. Scored at 1" all the way around.



I found this really girly background paper, (I'm a paper hoarder), and I used the Forever Young Cricut Cartridge and put the gals on it. The gals are popped.  But I'm thinking of adding "bling" or pearls.  What do you think?






So far I have only made 4 note cards. I want to make many more. This is going to be a gift for a woman at my doctors office. I found out she is retiring on Jan. 6th, and want to make a trip to the office after Christmas to see her.  

Well... after I posted this, I felt this needed something shiny.  So here is what I did...





I hope you like it.  Now that I've got the hang of doing this, I think I'll be making a few more. Christmas is coming and I have a niece with 3 kiddies that I'm sure wouldn't mind having something like this.
Ho! Ho! Ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment