Sunday, February 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Dad

My dad's birthday was on the 25th.  I made this card for him with paper my MIL had given me from HSN or QVC.  It's textured, but I was not happy with it at all.  It's not Stampin' Up!, that's for sure.  The brown c/s, when I folded it, it cracked and the white showed through. So I had to cut it down to a front, but now all of the edges show white.  All of the c/s you see, the dark red, dark green and brown are all that way.  Tsk... tsk... not everyone can be SU!... I guess that's why I love their c/s so much.  Now the patterned paper is The Angel Co.  A friend had given me a paper pack, which I have to say is quite nice.  It's not double sided, and it does not offer as many sheets as SU does, but I liked the pattern. And on the bottom of their 12x12, they have a detachable piece that shows the color groups that the paper goes with. This is on EACH sheet of paper, which is awesome, because I just looked at that and knew which it would go with.

Anywhoo... Happy Birthday Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment