Friday, April 8, 2011

Orange you happy?

Today it has been raining, and it seems like it has been gloomy for weeks now. We have a day here and there where the weather is beautiful, but then *BAM*... Mother Nature throws these gloomy days in and says, April Showers.... and boy does she mean it. So today I played around with "Orange" today. Something bright, a bit cheery, and Orange you glad I did? HAHAHAH! This is from the Cricut Preserves cartridge. It's actually the grapefruit, but I was watching My Pink Stamper, http://www.mypinkstamper.com/ , and she inspired me to get a little motivated. I actually had this ribbon on the orange card above, and thought, gosh, it's already so "busy". So.... don't let anything go to waste! I took it off and made another card with the same colors in it. I saw this technique on a YouTube video from Dawn5377, http://www.youtube.com/user/dawn5377#p/search/1/iEva0ZoX8lU/ . It is using embossing resist. It's pretty much a cased card, I changed mine a little to match the ribbon and add the layer of close to cocoa, instead of full layers. But her tutorials are awesome. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment